2017 Thanksgiving Basket Drive
For the past 29 years, GCC’s Thanksgiving Basket Drive has become a tradition, with many long-serving staff, volunteers and their children returning year after year to assist with packing and distribution.
They have over 3,500 families registered for Thanksgiving Baskets this year—that's a record-breaking 21,000 Dane County residents (including nearly 10,000 children!) who are counting on them for a holiday dinner. They urgently need donations of food or money to buy food in bulk. Read below to see how you can help.
Thanksgiving Grocery Countdown!
Could you help feed hungry families by hosting a food drive? Below is a current list of what's still needed to fill 3,500 Thanksgiving Baskets for Dane County residents:
Updated Nov. 17 at 3:30 p.m.
- 1,295 Frozen turkeys
- DONE - over 3,500! Vegetables (cans)
- 4,963 Fruit (cans)
- DONE - over 3,500! Mac & cheese (boxes)
- 2,581 Gravy (jars)
- 2,147 Cranberry sauce (cans)
- 847 Broth, any kind (cans)
- 2,129 Stuffing (boxes)
- 695 Pumpkin pie filling (cans)
- 913 Pie crust mix (boxes)
- 154 Evaporated milk (cans)
- 964 Pie tins
- 1,962 Aluminum roaster pans
Delivering the Food
They can receive donations at any time, but if you are delivering a large quantity of food from a food drive, it helps if you can deliver it directly to their gym.
The gym will be open for donation drop-offs Wed., Nov. 15 through Mon., Nov. 20 (the earlier, the better)
- Wednesday, Nov. 15 >> 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 16 >> 10 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 17 >> 1 p.m. -10 p.m.
- Saturday-Monday, Nov. 18 -20 >> 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
Your financial gift helps purchase turkeys and perishable items such as milk, eggs, butter, and dinner rolls. Money also helps buy canned food in bulk at discounted rates. To donate click the button below and note "Thanksgiving Baskets" in the giving preferences line.
If you have questions about the Thanksgiving Basket program, please contact Sam McDaniel at email@example.com or 608-204-8049.