(Photo credit: Getty Images)
A new survey by Careerbuilder reveals that 29% of people come into work late at least once a month which is up from 25% last year.
Here are the most outrageous excuses for being late to work:
- I forgot it wasn't the weekend.
- I put petroleum jelly in my eyes.
- I had to watch a soccer game that was being played in Europe.
- I thought Flag Day was a legal holiday.
- My pet turtle needed to visit the exotic animal clinic.
- The wind blew the deck off my house.
- I overslept because my kids changed all the clocks in the house.
- I was cornered by a moose.
- My mother locked me in the closet.
- The pizza I ordered was late being delivered, and I had to be home to accept/pay for it.
- The sunrise was so beautiful that I had to stop and take it in.
- My mother-in-law wouldn't stop talking.
- My dad offered to make a me a grilled cheese sandwich, and I couldn't say no.
I can't say I used one of these excuses before. Have you made up an outrageous excuse or had an outrageous excuse that was true?!