Since everyone and their mother got engaged of the holidays, it's time to take a look at what the biggest trends will be for 2018.
Top Weddings Trends:
- Statement earrings. Bold ear bling is in. Brides are going with a more simple dress paired with earrings that make a statement for their big day.
- Tiny tats. Lovebirds are making a forever commitment by getting matching tiny tattoos.
- Microweddings. Instead of an extravagant wedding with 250+ wedding guests, you can expect microweddings to be a thing. It's a cost-effective event with only your immediate family and closest friends.
- Dogwood blooms. I don't know flowers. But the word dog is in it, and they look pretty!
- Pom-pom confetti. You'll see less sparklers and confetti this year. 2018 will be about colorful pom-poms for a fun send-off.
- Couture-inspired cakes. Fabric like cakes are the latest trend. Can't say I'd spend my money on a couture-inspired cake. Gimme red velvet cake and I'll be a happy girl.
- Puff sleeves. Gotta make a statement on your big day. The fall 2018 bridal runways were apparently influenced by light "puff" statement sleeves.
- Hybrid names. Couples are ditching the swap of a their partner's last name. Instead, they are combing last names. Think "Brangelina" or "Kimye" but with last names.
(Photo credit: Getty Images)