How old were you when you finally felt like a real adult? A new survey asked 2,000 people. Men answered 26 and women answered 23. I feel like that's pretty young, don't you think?
It also asked people to name the top signs you're an adult. Here are the top ten:
- Having a budget
- Buying a house
- Doing your own taxes
- Working on your credit score
- Investing in a 401(k)
- Doing your own laundry
- Scheduling regular doctor's appointments
- Making a list before you go to the grocery store
- Cooking dinner most of Monday - Friday
- Watching the nightly news
One I'd add to the list is saying "I can't believe it's almost (insert month)." I find myself saying that all the time! I feel like adults said that all the time when I was a kid and now I find myself saying it just as often.
Check out more signs of being an adult here.
(Photo credit: Getty Images)