Service workers recently went on TikTok to share sneaky ways they have taken revenge on terrible/rude customers. Looks like a lot of people had things to say because more have chimed in via a thread on Buzzfeed.
Here a couple of petty and pretty funny ways people get back at mean customers:
- Chipotle worker: "I work at Chipotle, so there's a lot of stuff for rude customers. When someone is nice, I give them a bit of extra meat with no charge, I'll make sure not to forget anything you asked, be as fast as possible making your food, and even might give you large chips if you ask for regular. When you're rude, you get more juice than beans, the smallest bit of meat, the brown, older guac, and the lightest chip bag with the littlest amount of chips. Ah, and I won't fill your guac/queso container to the top."
- Furniture salesperson: "Whenever we have a rude or disrespectful customer, I would leave small screws or joints out of the furniture so that it wobbled."
- Barista: "I give them decaf coffee when they asked for regular or fill it half or quarter of the way with their coffee of choice then fill the rest with hot water."
- Server: "As a server, I always gave the senior discount to women - usually in their 40s or 50s - who were being rude. They couldn't complain because they wanted the discount, but you could see in their eyes that I just ruined their day."
- Airport baggage handler: "I used to be a baggage handler at the airport. I often got called up to the terminal for gate bag checks. One time, the traveler was swearing at the gate agent, who was visibly holding back tears. I took the bag, gave the ****** a big smile, then took his bag to a different airline and put it on a cart for a flight going to Japan."
Some of these are SO FREAKING SNEAKY. These confessions remind me of the movie "The Waiting." This is also a good reminder to us all to be kind to our service industry workers.
(Photo credit: Getty Images)