These days a lot of people have a smart device at home. If you have an Amazon Echo, you might be unaware of some of the things Alexa can actually do for you.
Here are 15 Amazon Echo Features you might not be aware of:
- Make phone calls
- If you add or import your contacts to your Echo you can use it as a speaker phone.
- Watch out for burglars
- Setup Alexa Guard and it can listen for sounds and alert you.
- Use Alexa as an Intercom
- If you tell Alexa to "drop in on all devices" you can speak through your devices.
- Alexa can share photos of you
- If your Echo has a screen you can snap a photo and send it to another Echo.
- Lock your doors
- You'll need a smart lock, but you can set up Alexa to lock your doors for you.
- Get news from sources you trust
- You can ask Alexa to play the news, and set up where you want it to get the news from.
- Tell you a joke
- You just need to ask!
- Change Alexa's voice or accent
- Mix it up and select from the list of languages and options.
- Watch your favorite show
- If you have a Amazon Prime Video account, you can watch and stream right to your Echo Show or Spot.
- Listen to your audiobooks
- You might be used to listening to audiobooks on your phone with your headphones, but Alexa can play your book too.
- Use Alexa as white noise to sleep
- Search "white noise" or "sleep sounds" in the Alexa app and enable the ones you like or say "Alexa, play sleep sounds" to get some options.
- Find your phone
- Usually you ask someone else to call you when you've lost your phone, right? If you don't have anyone else with you Alexa can help.
- Play over 5,000 games with Alexa
- There's tic-tac-toe, bingo, rock paper scissors, blackjack, 20 questions, memory match, escape the room, true or false, Heads Up! and more.
- Start your day with a custom routine
- You can create a custom routine with Alexa to start or end your day.
- Remember important events
- If you don't want to pull out your phone, Alexa can remember specific dates and events for you.
Don't forget you can listen to us on your smart device too - just say "Alexa, play 96 point 3 star country on iHeartRadio."
Learn about these commands from Yahoo.
(Photo credit: Getty Images)